Digital music control (no longer automatic) . . .
HOME . . .
A Site Map of Peggie's Place! . . . Fun 'n Faith blog . . . Subscribe via email
16 Resource Rooms . . . Holidays . . . Humor and Inspiration . . . Devotionals . . . Virtual Chocolate Shop
Kids/families . . . . . Teens/students . . . . Women . . . . Men . . . . Seniors . . . . Spanish resources . . . . Internationals
The Indescribable Christ . . . Spiritual Help: The Emergency Room . . . KingdomQuest: Discover the Key to Life
Credit for digital music: "Come Fill My Heart" by Elton Smith, Larry Holder and Steve Israel/Songs of Praise)
HOME . . .
A Site Map of Peggie's Place! . . . Fun 'n Faith blog . . . Subscribe via email
Have you got a funny bone or two? Can fun connect with faith? You'd better believe it...."Funny Bone Faith" sees humor--AND faith--in the tough times and with God's help, smiles through tears as it triumphs in a Lord who brings joy and laughter to our lives--daily! Enjoy the fun and inspiration--and strengthen YOUR "Funny Bone Faith" right here--today!
Please note: Humor pieces are meant to be funny - no offense is meant with regard to age, sex, race, religion, occupation or any other topic. It is simply a way of laughing at ourselves; please do not take the humor personal or offensive.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... (Proverbs 17:22)."
"A Word--orTwo--from the Wise!"
1. There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
2. When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog that barks all the time run to the end of his chain and gag himself.
3. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
4. A penny saved is a government oversight.
5. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.
6. The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
7. He who hesitates is probably right.
8. If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
9. The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.
10. How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
11. If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?
12. Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.
13. If Wal-Mart is lowering prices every day, how come nothing is free yet?
14. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
15. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
16. Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened.
17. We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors. but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
18. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
19. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
20. Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.
21. Once over the hill, you pick up speed.
22. If not for STRESS I'd have no energy at all.
23. Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
24. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
25. I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.
26. You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
27. Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
28. We cannot change the direction of the wind...but we can adjust our sails.
29. If the shoe fits......buy it in every color.
30. Have an awesome day, and know that someone has thought about you today.
* * * * * * *
The Flood of Life (When Life Overwhelms)
by Dan Walraven
You had no idea it could be that bad! Water is flooding around you as a mighty current. Houses are being swept away. You see a car float by. You're holding on to a tree trunk for dear life. You feel that at any moment you could be swept away in this mighty current that envelopes you. You cry for help, but it seems that nobody hears. Helplessly you watch as years of labor get washed away in minutes. The flood of water is soon joined by the flood of despair. You are mere seconds from totally giving up.
Is this how life sometimes feels? No doubt you've been there and done that. Maybe you've worked long and hard to achieve a goal only to have it washed away in a flood of insult and injury. You get that despondent feeling that tempts you to give up and quit altogether. You ask, how can this be? Why would God let this happen?
Like so many similar questions, there are no easy answers. Life is all too often unfair. It all goes back to that garden--the Garden of Eden. Man chose to turn from God's simple one-rule world and things have never been the same. Sin entered the world. With sin came suffering, both for what we would call good people and for those we would call bad people. This suffering from the original consequences of sin is the mother of all unfairness.
Our only hope is found in Jesus Christ, whose blood can wash away sin and once again give life hope. Oh, while we're still on this earth things will not always be fair. People will continually let us down. After all, we're all sinners. Even we Christians are only sinners saved by grace. No wonder we are so imperfect and inconsistent!
All of these truths don't erase the pain, but they do give hope. What hope? The hope that God will one day make all things right. The hope that he will one day be the perfect and just Ruler of this world. So, until then, weary Christian, hang in there and rest in the genuine love of Christ that saves and delivers! Don't quit!
Inspiration, News, Devotionals, Humor & More to Start Your Day!
My Pastor's Message of the Day--Updated each weekday!
Introducing Pastor David Watson, Central Assembly, Springfield, Missouri
Feel like pokin' around Peggie's Place?
START HERE or skip straight to the ROOMS!.
Have fun--and should you get lost, scroll to the end of a page for a directory.
The Devotional Buffet--for over 500 archived devos at Peggie's Place!
+ + + + + + +
For more humor, visit The Fun Room at Peggie's Place!
For more inspiration, visit The Prayer 'n Praise Room at Peggie's Place!
For more daily humor:
Reverend Fun--A fun Christian cartoon of the day!
Pastor Tim's Clean Laugh List--a daily email humor list
Thanks for coming! God bless--and see you tomorrow!
Remember, there's nothing that can happen today
that you and your Lord together cannot handle!
Please e-mail me to say hi.
All Scriptures are taken from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.Humor and inspiration in Tickles 'n Truth are extracted from items that circulate around the Web. Many authors are unknown; I do not claim copyright privileges on the articles used. Should you know the author of a certain piece, please notify me that I may give proper credit.
Search Engine Submission - AddMe
Peggie's Place is a personal ministry website
and is a member ministry of Gospel.com, a community of online ministries.
See Credits at Peggie's Place for further information. . . . See Privacy Statement at Peggie's Place! . . .
Peggie's Personal Statement of Faith . . . The Peggie's Place Story & a Mission Statement
Celebrating God's goodness . . . . . . 16 million and counting!
Note: Counter keeps a running total of "page views" for the entire site.
--It jogs around the world and around the clock--to find YOU!
This Christian home has been visited a zillion times since December 26, 1995!
Well, not quite, but there HAS been a houseful--and STILL room for one more--YOU!
The Christian Counter scans the entire site--and there's plenty of chocolate for everyone--so enjoy!
AddThis.com . . . Search Engine Submission - AddMe
Thanks, AddMe, for promoting Peggie's Place, including my new TWITTER page!
Most of the music playing at Peggie's Place originates from Songs of Praise.
Additional (previously named) original source for some midis: Gilberto Barreto.
Visit this great Web site to hear beautiful tunes by many talented artists. CDs are available.
5*-places to visit at Peggie's Place: Tickles 'n Truth . . . The Devotional Buffet
All the rooms at Peggie's Place!
All Scriptures on this website are from the King James Version of The Holy Bible unless otherwise noted.
+ + + + +
Please note that while I strongly adhere to major tenets of the evangelical Christian faith, I may not personally agree with every specific doctrinal belief set forth in other Christian pages.
A safety tip: Internet links and material may include other links and/or material which do not reflect my views or yours, Christian or otherwise. Please choose wisely and use with discretion! And if you find an ugly spider hiding in a dark corner, you may smash it with a broom from my BROOM CLOSET--I hate offensive stuff too!
Graphics: If your credit does not appear on any individual page, I regret the oversight; please see Credits at Peggie's Place for info,
or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org so I may properly give credit or delete the graphic, as desired.
--Many quote credits in this series: Mikey's Funnies and/or Walking with Jesus Ministries, unless otherwise sourced or not given.
--I have used the symbol - ;-) - in emails, on any social media page, possibly my website and blog, etc; if this is incorrect, sorry for the oversight. Please notify me at email@example.com and I will desist from using it if necessary. Sorry for tthe oversight if it is a copyright problem, etc.
Should you have source information (original or other) for any quote, photo, graphic or article copyrighted and/or not properly used, credited, "unknown," or from which I should obtain permission, or should linking be inappropriate/non-permissible/inaccurate,including Tickles 'n Truth articles and graphics, please notify me so I may appropriately resolve the issue.
Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist or certified counselor or doctor. This personal site is merely a place for spiritual encouragement and help in the practical living of Christian life.
This footer applies to entire site and includes the Fun 'n Faith blog, an extension of the Peggie's Place ministry as well as previously titled "Fun 'n Faith Friday" and "Fun 'n Faith newsletter.
Copyright 1996-2013 by Peggie C. Bohanon, Springfield, MO. All rights reserved.